Monday, June 02, 2008

Bible Verse for a Broken Heart..

(Written October 2007)

I finally found it! In the depths of my despair earlier this year, I searched and cried for ages, looking for a verse or a reference or something that would settle (soothe?) my frayed nerves and help to heal my sorely broken heart and soul. A balm for the deep cracks. After almost 10 months of highs and lows (mostly lows), while I wasn’t looking, I found it! Psalm 62 and Psalm 63. I could totally have used this back in March of 2007, but reading it now, I feel a fresh soothing, a confirmation that I’m ok. That my soul’s on the mend and that I’m on the cusp of something beautiful.

It’s hard to explain in written word, but I’m sure you get the idea. It is important for us to hold on to some form of faith and hold on to it for dear life; especially when it’s being tested in the midst of an emotional tsunami of issues. I felt so emotionally battered and my world seemed like a pretty dark and grey place. I felt turmoil, confusion, disappointment and deep regret. But day has since broken and I’ve learnt, in place of the regret that I felt, that there was something in it that I had to learn. And one cannot truly learn without first experiencing. I find that I’m ready to face my journey head on and will learn to deal as I am challenged and hope to rise above each time. Higher and higher. Ah Jah Bless…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

read psalm 62 and 63...interesting

Anonymous said...

I just prayed for a female friend and sister who has had a broken heart for a while now. I googled for scripture and found this page. I sincerely hope you are well and I am sure that reading this scripture with an open heart before she sleeps along with my strong prayer that she will be okay. Bless you sister.

Carlin

KocoaHauntis said...

I am recovering from a rough romantic yeah full of heartbreak and disappointment. After I read Psalms 62 and 63 I know all will be so much better and blessed starting now...

God Bless You

KocoaHauntis
Loveisamisnomer/blogspot

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I was googling for scriptures to try and find comfort as I try and heal my broken heart. One minute I feel so full of despair and sadness and the next I am being pulled out of it with God's promises.
Thank you

Pure said...

You are very strong,
and have helped me..


Thank you and God bless you.


<3

Anonymous said...

Thank you...and GOD BLESS you from the inner depths of my heart, soul and being.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your post. i just went through a break up and was looking for encouraging verses to read. Your verses helped a lot. Hope you are better now, even though its beeen 2 years.

Anonymous said...

And still your message touches those who are in search of verses for the brokenhearted. Thank you.

Jules said...

I am crying and my heart is aching. I ran into my ex and his new girlfriend and the pain is excrutiating and my heart feels like it is going to be burst. Thank you for the verses and I hope that my heart will begin to heal. I have forgiven him.But his betrayals and the humiliation I had to and still endure still hurts.The Pain is too much to bare.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks!