Wednesday, April 25, 2007

O Jesu, Take The Wheel


Predictable outcome. But I’m still in denial. Where on earth did they get the skewed high numbers in favor of the Mr. President-elect come from, pray tell? 24 million votes to PDP? Ah, ah? Who are we kidding here?
I’ve had a couple friends tell me to get over it and move on. Another friend said to me that in ‘his’ opinion, “the elections went well, commends Baba for a job well done, the foreign observers should go fly a kite and let them get their own houses in order before judging ours” [end quote]. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. So after mulling over this for the past two days, I’ve decided, that I’m going to reject these results “and” I’m going to move on. In moving on, I will continue to be optimistic for my country in hopes that people can heal from this and let’s just see what the future holds in store. Baba had his way in the end? Or is the end not quite here yet? O Jesu take the wheel o!
More analysis in days to come.
Read this from Reuters Africa: http://africa.reuters.com/nigeriaelection/top/news/usnL24701109.html

No comments: